Foreign Direct Investment

Documents Required & Registration Procedures of JV

Documents Required for Joint Venture Registration:

    Chinese partner provides:

  • 2x copies of the IDs of the Chinese and foreign investors
  • 2x copies of Chinese partner's local company business license with company stamp on it
  • 2x copies CPA firm's capital verification report with Chinese partner's company stamp on it
  • 2x copies Chinese partner's last year audit report with company stamp on it
  • 1 x copy board director's name list of the Joint Venture
  • 2x copies of Chinese partner's local company's article of association

    Foreign Partner provides:

  • 2x Certificate of Incorporations or Equivalent document certified by Chinese embassy or Chinese consulate overseas For individual investor: The passport copy of Investors need be certified by Chinese embassy or consulate. Double check with us if individual investor is in China currently.
  • 2x Bank Reference Letters from investor’s bank to declare a good standing
  • Passport copy of: (i) Parent company's director (ii) China company's Legal Representative and (iii) China company's supervisor
  • China Legal Representative provides: 6 photos (2 inches size), brief resume
  • Brief introduction of the foreign investor(s) including name, address and telephone number
  • Registered capital; Business Scope; 5 proposed Chinese names of China JV
  • Office address, 2x leasing contracts , 2x certificate of real estate ownership , and 2x landlord identification
  • Letter of Authorization
  • Only a trading Joint venture needs these documents: The latest annual audit report copy from the parent company which provided by a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)  and Custom HS Code of proposed Import/Export products in China

Registration Procedures:

Foreign companies are not allowed to directly submit the application documents to the relevant authority. They must retain a PRC entity (For instance: PTC) that is authorized or permitted by relevant authorities to act as an agent. The agent will submit all the documents to the examination and approval authority on behalf of the foreign enterprise. Procedures to set up the Joint Venture (JV) in China: Shanghai, Beijing, Hangzhou, Ningbo etc are as following:

  • Name registration with State Administration of Industry and Commerce (SAIC)
  • Certificate of Approval of Joint Venture by Ministry Of Commerce or Foreign Economical Cooperation Bureau (MOFEC)
  • Apply for Business License with SAIC
  • Chops made by Public Security Bureau (PSB)
  • Organization Code License by Technical Supervision Bureau (TSB)
  • Tax Certificate by Tax Bureau
  • Registration and Approval with State Administration of Foreign Exchange (SAFE)
  • Open Foreign Currency and RMB bank account
  • Inject Capital from investor’s overseas bank account
  • Capital Verification Report by Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
  • Applying for Permanent Business License with SAIC
  • Financial certificate Registration
  • Statistics license Registration

Obtain Import/Export license (Optional, Only for Trading and Manufacturing Joint Venture )

Client Testimonial

One of the best China lawyers based in Shenzhen! I appreciated this Shenzhen lawyer's service because they helped me achieved my goals, though it was a tough mission. They are English speaking lawyers, so there are absolutely no communication barrier you likely encounter elsewhere. What impressed me is these Shenzhen lawyer's quick response and professional service, two characteristics which I treasure most. Although the Shenzhen lawyers are based in south China, they represent clients across the country, so you can also call them China lawyer! - Johnson youporn sex teen tube